Skip to main content

Nobody Gives a Crap About Your Baby



I'll admit it- I hate babies.  But if there's anything I hate more than babies, it's expectant mothers who assume that everyone else on Earth is as enamored with each disgusting pregnancy development as they are themselves.  Thanks to the wonders of technology, a new app called BabyBump allows obnoxious, self-absorbed mommies-to-be an opportunity to annoy the hell out of their Facebook friends with daily posts about the parasitic hellspawns growing inside their tummies.  And let's face it, you have to be pretty darn self-absorbed to think that anyone other than yourself gives a rat's fart in the wind about what's taking place inside your bloated body 173 days into your pregnancy.

According to the BabyBump website, the app is a "pregnancy tracker and social health network for expecting families", providing expecting mothers with a "schematic embryo picture of your baby each week" as well as a bunch of useless junk only a woman would care about, including a journal for tracking daily mood swings and waist measurements.  The app even tells you what food cravings you'll be expecting from week to week.


However, the truly astounding thing about this app is that it gives preggos the ability to share all this useless information via Facebook, turning uninterested Facebook users' timelines into play-by-play sports announcers who bore viewers senseless with obscure and irrelevant statistics about the batter in the on-deck circle ("As you may know, Joe is batting .234 against left-handed pitchers who attended a middle school named after a Republican president.")

Case in point.  This morning I logged into Facebook and see this on my timeline, posted from the cellphone of a woman I'll call Jill:

I am recording my baby's kicks with BabyBump! My baby has kicked 3 times since 9:24am!
A few hours later, I see:

I am recording my baby's kicks with BabyBump! My baby has kicked 5 times since 9:24am!

And, a couple hours later, I saw:

 I am recording my baby's kicks with BabyBump! My baby has kicked 8 times since 9:24am!


This update was immediately followed by another post featuring a "schematic embryo picture", like the colorful medical drawings on the wall of a doctor's office, with a headline reading: Check out what's happening on day 200 of my pregnancy!


Sweet sassy molassey!  I counted, and in one day this obnoxious and self-obsessed babymaker whom I'll continue to call Jill used this app to vandalize my Facebook timeline with 34 BabyBump-generated posts intended to update the world on her pregnancy, as if she were carrying around the underdeveloped fetus of Jesus inside her stretchmarked belly (although I'm pretty sure Jill's pregnancy was the unplanned result of three minutes of sloppy sex in the backseat of a Toyota).

Fed up with this nonsense, I sent Jill a message on Facebook giving her a piece of my mind, and received the following response:

"But Grandpa, I thought you'd be interested in my pregnancy, since you'll soon be a great-grandfather!"

My initial response was to inform my granddaughter that I wasn't even interested in my regular grandchildren, and only moderately interested in my own children, and that I'm looking forward to great-grandchildren the same way I'm looking forward to my next colonoscopy.  And then I thought of a great way to get it through Jill's thick head that the rest of us find her pregnancy as interesting as watching two garden slugs race each other.  I posted on her Facebook wall:

I am recording my bowel movements with CrapTracker!  I haven't had a bowel movement since Tuesday morning!

And three hours later, I posted:

I am recording my bowel movements with CrapTracker!  I still haven't had a bowel movement since Tuesday morning!
And, a few minutes ago, I posted:

I am recording my bowel movements with CrapTracker!  I STILL haven't had a bowel movement since Tuesday morning!

Let's hope that Jill, and all of you other breeders out there, get the hint that no one gives a crap about your daily pregnancy updates.  Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to take pictures on the blessed day when I'm able to evacuate my bowels and post pictures of my own special delivery all over your Facebook wall.


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Deal With Having an Ugly Baby

If you're the parent of an ugly baby, you've probably been asking yourself lots of questions ever since your bouncing bundle of shame came into this world. Questions like, "Is this some sort of punishment from God?", "Should I leave him in a dumpster?" or "How much can an ugly baby fetch on the black market?" These types of questions are perfectly normal. The only thing that's abnormal is being the parent of an ugly baby and acting like you have the cutest, sweetest, or prettiest baby in the world. That, my friend, is mental sickness.  When my oldest son was born, I was asking the same questions myself. I fell to my knees and raised my arms to the heavens, asking, "What have I done to deserve this?" In the delivery room, I pleaded with the doctor to put him back in because he didn't look quite done yet. When that didn't work, I waited until no one was looking and tried to swap him with a better-looking baby from the hos

GOP candidates as classic Twilight Zone characters!

Anyone who has been following Republican politics this year will tell you that, at times, the race has looked more like The Twilight Zone than actual politics. Here's what the current crop of presidential hopefuls would look like if they were characters from Rod Serling's classic series.

In defense of high school football

Once again, high school football is under attack by lame-brained, limp-wristed, lily-livered pantywaists who believe that anyone who straps on a jock is taking the first irrevocable step toward an inevitable, premature departure from this mudball called Earth. The latest anti-jock rhetoric comes in the wake of the death of New Jersey high school senior quarterback Evan Murray, a tragedy that followed the deaths of two other high school athletes in recent weeks, Ben Hamm from Oklahoma, and Tyrell Cameron from Louisiana. With three kids gone to meet their maker in as many weeks, it's only natural that over-protective parents throw a hissy hit over the glorious American institution that is high school football. However, this anti-jock fervor is nothing more than contemporary culture's latest attempt to neuter the American male-- a project that has been going on for decades, as part of the left-wing agenda to transform red-blooded American boys into sniveling wimps who would